Sooooooo. University is a thing. A busy thing. A thing that is kinda strange and new and exciting and all-consuming for the first month. I’ve worked on a few posts while I’ve been here, but haven’t been all that pleased with the final product, and haven’t been publishing them. Sorry about that. I hope this makes up for it?
5 Things I’m Glad I Brought With Me
- My plants. they really make the dorm feel more like home, and it’s been fun to name them with my friends. So far, each name is based on a different strange story we’ve had.
- Dish towels. I have a full kitchen, and god, have these been useful. Life is messy.
- Knick-knacks and photos. Because otherwise, your room is just a dorm. Most of these have a story behind them, so it’s a good way to make it feel a little more like home. Plus, the photos remind you to stay in touch with people.
- Reusable grocery bags. Because there’s no way in hell that those flimsy 5 cent bags will make the journey home when that overstuffed.
- Noise-cancelling headphones. The city doesn’t sleep, but you’ll want to. Put them on, flip the switch, and you’re good to go.