It’s that time of year; the only time of year that grade 12 students actually check the mail. Checking the mail has become an anxiety-excitement filled habit, with every letter being an opportunity or a dead end. Ahhhhh, snail mail.
This also results in having a lot of letters. And because of the societal value of these letters, you can’t really just throw them out. So, here are some alternative uses for university mail.
- Scan them and wallpaper your house in the pattern, so you never forget your successes and failures.
- Use them as kindling for a fire, because at least that will bring you some warmth. Bonfire!
- Staple them to your clothing, because your Facebook announcement wasn’t enough. Better yet, simply wear them.
- Staple it over your face, because it’s become the greatest part of your identity.
- Utilise them in a paper mâché project, because ripping them to shreds will allow you to express your frustration and anger without seeming crazy.
- Cry on them. Just let it all out.
- make a bouquet of paper roses out of rejection letters, and give them to your significant other to end the relationship.
- Use them as toilet paper, because nobody really gives a shit.
- Angsty decoupage art.
- Frame them and create a gallery of disappointment. You can also include participation trophies, incomplete projects and tear stained scholarship applications.